Wednesday, May 15, 2013

back to work today

So, I was back to work today and tried to create a new AM routine. Woke up, invisalign out, teeth and trays brushed and then ate some breakfast and drank some coffee before brushing again and putting the trays back in to head to work. I have also started measuring my time with the trays out so I can keep track of achieving the 22 hours/day with trays on goal that Invisalign encourages. Today with all meals, I only had it out for 1 hour and 30 minutes. I'm sure there will be some days (mostly when I'm at home or we go out to eat) that it will be harder to get a full 22 hours of wear, but I'm off to a good start. I also am excited to see how much money we save by me eating b-fast at the house and not buying food at work. Today at work I found out that a girl named Lauren that I work with has been in Invisalign for a couple of months now and I really had never been able to tell. She even has attachments already, although hers are in the back, but she says she will be getting more and they will be in the front very soon. I'm sort of glad that I will be able to see them on someone else before I have them. The ones she has now really are much smaller and more discreet than I had imagined them to be. I also was seeing her during lunch though, so she didn't have trays on top of the attachments at that time. Will have to pay attention to her mouth more when she's not eating.  :)   Still wondering what I can do about the dry mouth that the trays give you. I have been drinking a TON of water and it doesn't really seem to help other than to make it feel better at that instant. Also, started using some mouthwash that is supposed to help improve enamel since I have been brushing so much. I think it helps, even if it's just to overwhelm my mouth with minty fresh flavor so I don't taste the plastic trays so much. So, that's about all the news for today. Tomorrow I work again and we have a going-away dinner to attend afterwards, so may take some work to reach the 22 hour goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment